Hey, I’m the CEO of my company and I am looking to hire an extremely motivated go-getter to master the art of media buying (buying ads online).
You will work side-by -side with me and I will personally train you.
I will also pay top consultants in my industry, some who cost $500-1,000 per hour, to train you to be a highly skilled and indispensable employee and gain a skill you can use for life.
The goal is to eventually have you manage millions of dollars in annual ad spend, planning our ad strategies and overseeing all our ad campaigns, making sure ROI is maximized, no unnecessary money is lost and no costly mistakes are made.
I prefer someone with no prior experience whom I can train from scratch. You must, however, have a serious work ethic, a great attitude and a strong desire to achieve big things in the world.
You’re getting in on the ground floor of this company, which means there will be tons of opportunity for salary growth and new responsibilities to take on, including hiring and overseeing additional employees.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Here’s what you’ll be doing (and will be trained to do)…
– Using existing ad networks to put our advertisements online (Facebook, native networks and more)
– Setting ad budgets and closely measure the performance and profitability of every ad
– Canceling low-performing ads and investing in high-performing ones
– Split testing different ads against each other to improve ad performance
– Keeping STRICT track of ad performance daily to make sure no unnecessary money is lost and ROI is maximized
– Setting up and testing different landing pages to increase conversion rates and returns
– Using ad spy software to spy on competitors and other advertisers to find new places to advertise and come up with new ideas for creatives
– Working with sites and adnetwork compliance teams to create compliant ads and landing pages that meet their approval
– Negotiating discounts on adspace and credit from networks
– Keep tabs on new ad networks
– Doing grunt work to find solo sites and negotiate ads on those sites
(NOTE: If you’re not totally sure what all this means at this point, that’s totally fine.)
You are highly detail-oriented, you never make mistakes twice, you are comfortable taking on new responsibilities, are a fast learner, ambitious, a go getter, you want to achieve success in your career and be the best you can be.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are an edgy company that sells dating and sex advice courses as well as a new foray into health supplements. Our revenue hit $3M in 2015 and we expect that will double in 2016. We are a small team of “work hard, play hard” individuals building something great and it seems to be taking off with great speed – we hope you’ll join us!
Work is a fast-paced environment, you’ll be expected to wear many different hats and learn quickly on the fly, but you will become good at what you do.
Must be 100% OK with adult-content, as some of our ads appear on adult sites.
This is a THREE ROUND application process. A written application, a 3-minute video interview and finally, if you make it, an in-person or skype interview.
To begin your application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline “Your Rockstar Media Buyer Is Here!” and include the following…
- Explain your interest in the topic of men’s dating, sex and/or supplements (5 sentences max). This is absolutely NOT a deal-breaker.
- What qualifies you as the top candidate for this position? (5 sentences max)
- What is your current position and why are you leaving (or have left) your current position? (5 sentences max)
- How would you want your role to grow or change in the next 2-5 years?
DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Compensation: $40k – 50k+
Hours: 10am – 6pm EST, Monday-Friday (semi-flexible)
Location: Currently work from home. Monthly in-person work weeks. Company may acquire office space soon. Prefer someone in New York or close by.
Our Team: We’re located in NYC and 16 strong, plus part-time employees.
KEYWORDS: media buyer, media buying, advertiser, advertising, online ads, marketing, online marketing, digital marketing, remote, remote jobs, work remotely